Sunday, October 26, 2008

Million Baht Tee-lat



Everyone in New York knows my history. Most recent. Six years in Thailand. To most westerners the word spells out 'sex'. Mostly because they're not getting any and have to fantasize about someplace else where the world is free

Well, not free, because nothing is really free. Certainly not sex. In fact it can be very expensive, as my friend Vladtah, showed me his online sweetheart.

"She's the most popular girl on this website. She spends most of the time with other men in her chatroom."

"How can you tell if it's her?" I am a stranger to online relationships.

"Because you can see her on the webcam."

"Oh."

Vladtah opened her page. The Thai girl was stunning, although not 19 as advertised. I figured her for 27-28. I can't recall the site right, but I'd recognize her on a go-go stage in a second. At least before I drank a couple of beers.

"I can't understand why no one had married her." Vladtah was smitten with this girl. Her name was Pai.

"Maybe she hasn't met the right guy." I knew nothing about this woman yet everything at the same time, since I had seen this scam before. "How much does it cost to call her?"

"$3/minute." To Vladtah it was a bargain. He had several real GFs in New York. Dinner costs $150 at most good restaurants or 50 minutes with Pai.

"Really." It was cheap considering that the deposed governor of New York was paying $1000/hour to hookers. President Clinton was lucky to get it for free. At least from Monica Lewinsky.

"Next time you're out in Bangkok maybe you an look her up for me." Valdtah wanted me to bring her a present. He wouldn't say what it would be.

"Sure." I had a ticket for Dec. 30, 2008. "I'll tell her you love her long time."

"Thanks." Vladtah was actually grateful for this promise and I wondered whether the clock would be ticking if I met Pai in Bangkok. Of course $3 is only 6000 baht per hour, which might be expensive for punters in Pattaya, however cheap in comparison to the price charged to a Kon Yai politician to contact an A-List Thai actress as mentioned in this Sunday's Bangkok Post.

700,000 baht to look at her breasts and millions for anything else.

I won't be bringing her any presents.

Being near-sighted beauty is a little wasted on me, but not wickedness.

For story in bangkok post go to this URL

http://bangkokpost.com/261008_News/26Oct2008_news11.php

No comments: