Monday, October 6, 2008

MY WAY my way



I love Frank Sinatra's MY WAY, which was the English version of French song "Comme d'habitude" composed by Claude François and Jacques Revaux. The American words was written by Paul Anka and blisslessly adapted by Sid Vicious. At 56 I'm ready to do my version.

I FUCKED IT UP MY WAY

And now I’m no longer young
I have to admit to what I’ve done.
Of my past I’ve made a mess.
And I can blame no one.

My teacher caught me cheating
He said it would go on my permanent record.
I laughed thinking he was lying.
I was wrong, but I couldn’t care less
Because I fucked up my way.

Mistakes I’ve made a lot
And way too many to remember,
Some really stand out
Like the time I burned down the house
Cooking marshmellows with a lighter.

No one got killed but the cat
And I tried to be good after that.
I failed and crash the car
Because I fucked up my way.

The police they knew my name
By the time I was only 13.
The Juvie judge saw me more
Than the priest for confessions.
I’m not proud, but I’m not ashamed
Because I fucked it up my way.

I’ve won and lost without complaining,
My friends paid my bail
I paid them back by absconding
This life has been a laugh
I wish the cops would find it amusing.

I’ve seen the world
I’ve been in love
And I won’t ask for forgiveness.
Because I fucked up, yes, I did, I fucked up my way.

So here stands a man
I’m not a saint but I’ve not Satan.
I’ve lived my life to the full
And I sleep without any bad dreams
Because I accept all my sins,
It was me, I fucked it up my way.

MMMMYYYYYYY WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY

No comments: