Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fly Me to The Moon plus 40


July 20, 1969. The eyes of the world broke away from this mortal coil. Our vision was fixed on the Moon. TVs and radios reported the lunar landing of Apollo 11 to an anxious planet. This space mission had been inspired by the late-President Kennedy and Neil Armstrong immortalized the epic moment with the words. "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

July 20 1969 was a Sunday. I was 17. I have no recollection of watching his first steps on the surface of the moon. It was something that should have been as indelibly etched into my memory as the JFK assassination and losing my virginity. This memory lapse lends credence to those conspiracy theorists claiming that Man never landed on the Moon.

Maybe it wasn't on TV after all.

Let's face the facts. The Lunar Landing supposedly was televised by every channel; ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS. Teenagers watched almost 30 hours of TV on the 1960s. I was a teenager, therefore if the Lunar Landings had been on TV, then I should remember seeing them, instead I can't recall anything.

Ergo no Lunar Landing.

NASA has yet to refute my analysis, but for further research into the Moon Hoax, check out this URL

http://www.redzero.demon.co.uk/moonhoax/

One theory is that I could have been making out with my girlfriend. Her mother let us stay at their house unchaperoned and Janet Stetson was certainly more important to me than a silly moon landing.

No comments: