Wednesday, May 17, 2023

May 11, 1990 - Brabal - the Himalayas - Nepal - Journal Entry

After lunch on the trail I left the stop and contiued up the path. THe forest is thick and the ascent isn't too taxing. I've been at it for an hour and haven't seen a single souol.Waiting for the porters, Lance, and Dorge to catch up to me.

Maybe I've taken the wrong trail, except I see the bootprints of trekkers. The Sherpas are either in flip flops or barefotted. I had bought our crew sneakers, but they attached them to the loads, wanting to save them for sale back home. I don't understand a word, but they are carrying heavy packs smoking cigarettes and joking all the time. A cheerful crew.

It's forty-four kilimeters to the Glacier. Thrity miles. We could probably mae it in a day on flat grown, but Dorge said the trek will get much steeper tomorrow and no one is in a rush. I like this pace fine.

I wish my camera wasn't broken.

Altitude - 2100 meters.

No comments: