Friday, November 3, 2023

November 2, 1978 East Village - Journal Entry

At Club 57 on St. Mark's Lang and I heckled the performers. Several people in the audience took offense. Miss Nancy, the emcee, shrilled, "Get the fuck out of here."

The crowd laughed and I responded saying, "Join the real world or at least the 1930s."

We didn't leave, but David Dirtbomb, appeared stunned when the lightperson identified us with the spot. The next act came onto the stage to rescue us from embarrassment. Over thirty people were pissed at us, including Alice, who had earlier extolled the turmoil of the bositerous claque in 19th Century French theater.

Adele Bertel from the Contortions confronted me and I grabbed the mike to recite a country western poem. This silenced the crowd and I left to silence for another bar. Alice was not pleased. Fuck them all.

No comments: