Monday, May 24, 2010

Bird's Nest


The Chinese delicacy 'bird's nest soup' is derived from the bird's nest constructed with the saliva of swifts. The cost of such a delicacy can cost between $30-10,000US. I've never had a bowl of such soup, however Mam called my hairdo a bird's nest or lan-nok last week. I hadn't cut my hair since December. The last time I was in Thailand. Five months growth wasn't impressive and her comment had me hurrying to the hair salon. Within an hour my bird's nest was on the floor of the beauty shop. My return to hippie status thwarted by simple words from someone born 16 yearsa fter the Summer of Love. I do love her. And not only in words.

"Almost cut my hair today." Crosby Stills and Nash.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bird nest soup is basically sweet.

I used to buy bottles of bird nest soup like this as it is healthy and convenient:
hongkong-bird-nest.50webs.com

You may have a try!

Unknown said...

I drank 2 cans of White Bird Nest everyday, but had no idea what benefits I was getting. Taste quite good and I knew it was good for me. I thought about how disgusting this type of ingredients would be, but am better than that, it benefited me more to drink besides its hard to get a hand on these expansive drink.