Monday, May 17, 2010

Holiday-Makers from Bangkok


Everyone at work suggested that my trip to Thailand be postponed until after the 'red shirts' retreat from Bangkok. My sources in the capitol said that the Thaksin supporters were far from ready to abandon their barricades, especially after the assassnation of their committed leader 'seh daeng'. A sniper bullet to the head. Chances of survival almost zero. The rebels want blood and Bangkok residents living within the conflict zone have responded to the 'red shirts' call for 'aa khatt' or revenge by fleeing the city for calmer environs.

Pattaya's low season has ended with the influx of urban refugees. bars and restaurants are experiencing an upsurge in business and hotels are above the low occupancy rates of the normally moribund season. No one is predicting an end to the rebellion and my downstairs neighbors are receiving phoen calls from desperate bar grils and go-go dancers seeking employment in the flesh emporiums of this Babylon of the Gulf of Siam.

3 beauties from Nana Plaza showed up on their doorstep this morning. They asked my girlfriend, if I knew any farangs seeking a long time girlfriend. Most of my friends are married with very jealous wives. Mam told them the bad news and they turned their gaze on me.

58 year-old man.

All of a sudden I'm Brad Pitt.

Mam growled that I was taken and the girls gave up any plans of seduction.

I was glad, because I can only play Brad Pitt in small roles.

"Hey, handsome man."

No comments: