Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sylvia Kristel RIP

In 1974 Sylvia Kristel became an international sex star thanks to her lead role in the soft-core movie EMMANUELLE. The French film portrayed the actress as the bored housewife" of a French diplomat exploring the frontiers of sex around the world. I saw EMMANUELLE at a packed theater in Boston's Combat Zone. The movie sold over 3000 million tickets, however Sylvia Kristal was only paid $6000 for her effort. She enjoyed better pay days in the sequels, but the men in her life manipulated her without mercy. She deserved better. I helped translate EMMANUELLE IV for Alain Siritzsky in Paris. I never met her at the office of paramount France. Translators are very low on the totem pole, but my friends say Sylvia Kristel was a nice woman with bad weaknesses. The actress was my age. I hope that she rests in peace. To see the trailer for EMMANUELLE, please go to the following URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PZ5IxnlKxw

No comments: