Saturday, October 20, 2012

Tough As His Father

During the second presidential debate President Obama responded to Mitt Romeny's accusations of failure with fierce counterpunches of facts and accuracy, leaving the GOP candidate somewhat staggered by the incumbent's questioning his opponent's honesty. At one point Romney remained on center stage close to Obama and I was disappointed that the president didn't suckerpunch the ex-governor of Massachusetts. Vice Magazine held a poll of their trendie readership as to who would win a fight between the two candidates and Obama won 10-0. After the debate Romney's oldest son 'joked' about wanting to take a swing at the president for calling his father a 'liar'. The MSNBC host quickly challenged Tagg Romney by saying, "When I hear you talk about taking a swing and taking punches, why do I get the feeling that you've never actually taken a punch or thrown a punch? I didn't have that luxury in the part of Boston that I grew up in, but in your rich, suburban, Boston life, with your father filling a $100 million trust fund for you, I don't know, I just get the feeling that things were kind of different." While he might have lost some toughness at Harvard Larry O'Donnell is still Boston Irish and we like a good donny brawl, so the 59 year-old commentator continued hectoring his fellow Ivy League alumni. "You're mad at President Obama for calling your father a liar? Well, let's get something straight. He didn't call your father a liar, I did. The president just said that what your father said isn't true. I've been saying it all year that your father is a liar. I've repeatedly said that your father lies and is trying to lie his way into the White House. So you want to take a swing at someone for calling your old man a liar? Take a swing at me. Come on, come on...I'll make it easy for you. I'll come to you...Go ahead, Taggard. Take your best shot." Tagg kept his mouth shut after that exchange. Like a good

No comments: