Sunday, January 11, 2009

Peace for Palestine


My good friend Jorge has been inciting comments on facebook with the publication of non-Israeli articles about the Zionists' incursion into the Gaza Strip Concentration camp. Tanks versus bullets. f-16s versus crude missiles. Death and destruction over a land tortured by politics. I know it's the NFL play-offs but the lack of concern for the injustice done the children of this conflict amazes me, so I criticized the West's apathy on fucking Facebook and earned this spiteful comment from the doyen of downtown style, Edwige Belmore.

"What do you want me to do Peter? Gear up and go to Gaza? Peace starts within yourself ! Fuck you! What are you doing for World Peace?"

Gee, I thought that a little harsh.

What have I done for world peace?

Burned down a missile base at age 12. Supported Civil Rights movement. Protested against the Vietnam War at age 17. Dragged people off the street when guns were being fired on them in Nepal and Thailand. Didn't punch a few people in the head when they deserved it for being fascists or assholes, but then what do I know. I'm only a fuckhead.

FREE PALESTINE.

ps Edwige supporters wanted to beat me up.

Obviously they don't know what kind of 'starker' I am.

No comments: