Sunday, January 25, 2009

Faster Faster


The fastest speed recorded on the French Autobahn was approx. 320 KPH or 205MPH by a BMW out past Strausbourg. The police never chased the violator. Catching them would have been impossible, so they radioed ahead to the toll booth to arrange a reception for the speed demon. Of course everyone exceeds the speed limit. we would get anywhere if we didn't, especially out West.

My friend, Johnny Justice, works for the Arizona Highway Patrol, and says, "If I stopped every speeder then they would be no one left on the road. I just go for excessive speed."

An Ohio trooper felt the same way and waited on I90 for a prize. An hour passed and then two, finally he hears the whine of a Ferrari. A flash of red zips westward and he flicks on his light. The high-speed pursuit ends as soon as the driver of the Ferrari realizes his crime. The cop pulls up behind him and then goes to the window of the sports car.

"You don't know how long I've been waiting for you." He was ready to write him a thick stack of ticket, except the driver quipped, "And I tried to get here as soon as I could."

Supposedly the police officer cut the driver loose.

A reward for his humor.

Faster faster is not always a crime.

No comments: