Saturday, October 23, 2010

Heresy For One Night


The greater part of my life has been spent in New York. Manhattan and Brooklyn. I have never abandoned my support of the Boston Red Sox. My son's name is Fenway. I gave my 1975 World Series Ticket to Harrison, my nephew. SRO was $7.50. When Keith Raywood invited me to the new Yankee Stadium, I wore my Red Sox shirt and cap. The fans gave the finger. I expected nothing less. No one said worse than 'fuck you' and the allure of the playing field detracted zero from my love for Fenway Park.

Yet this evening I found myself rooting for the Damned Yankees.

Down 3-2 to the Texas Rangers.

A better team except it was once owned by GW Bush and I despise 'the monster' more than the Bronx Bombers. In fact I've never really hated the Yankees, since any sports fan will admire perfection.

But not GW 'fucking' Bush.

Sadly the Yankees lost in Texas.

GW Bush is happy tonight.

I only hope that the National League finalist can make him cry like a cheerleader.

See DEBBIE DOES DALLAS.

No comments: