Tuesday, September 29, 2026
Expulsion from the Explorers Club
The last week of August was a rough week. I was expelled from the EC. Due to inadvertently showing three nude fotos from when I was rescuing horseshoe crabs under the Broad Channel Bridge. Truthfully I was surprised I lasted that mostly white male club as l9ng as I had. Sure, I had circumnavigated the world, lived in foreign lands, and fathered children in Thailand. The Ethics Committee listened to my statement accepting that no one should be shown naked photos, especially of an old traveler.
That wasn't all. My work days in Montauk days have been reduced from three to two. Jewish holidays and a Nor'Easter.
With five days off I've been writing more and cheating by using grammarly to correct my typos.
I rewrote Fear of Heights about my urge to jump off condo balconies and mountain cliffs. the urge never goes completely away.
Back in the 1980s Vonelli, my friend, had rented a small house behind Harrods in Kensington, London from a woman with a beautiful daughter, Carey Carey, who was going out with the oldest Bin Laden brother. Good fellow. Always showed up with champagne. Always vintage
Anyway one evening the couple was accompanied by a crooked young man. Eric calmy explained that a year agobhe had thrown himself off Harrod's roof. But obviously hadn't died. His later second attempt was more successful.
Writing this dragged me down, but the story had a happy ending__
Off to Montauk
So back on June 2. I had A Train to the Broad Channel to view the annual arrival of the horseshoe crabs to breed with my friend Raoul. I had missed high tide. Plenty of the shelled creatures had been stranded high on the sand. There wasn't a soul in sight. Just Raoul and I and the horseshoe crabs. I rescued a number. It was a warm sunny day. The first good weather after a cold and soggy spring.
No one was around, so I shucked my clothing to wash off the horseshoe crabs' effluvia from their breeding orgy.
Spring had been very wet and cold. That day was warm and sunny. No one was underneath the bridge. I hauled several females back into the water. A messy task. Done, I decided to take a swim and stripped off my shorts and shirt. Naked. A plunge. I asked my friend to take a photo. Did so and we returned to the city.
Showed the photos of my afternoon to the young male door forgetting the nude photos.
I flitted through the three and apologized for this error.
I thought nothing of it, but they reported that I have shown sexual content and a week later I was informed that the ethics board was investigating the matter. Until then I was banned from the cluboard. I explained it was a mistake and there was nothing pruriant about the photos. They thanked for the meeting and later that week reported that the ethics board had expelled me from the club.
So there it is
No recourse but to accept their determination.
I wasn't surprised. More amazed that I had lasted that long
A disappointment to s
As you can see from the photo its hardly sexual but these days ay the least
My list:
Not invited to Kathy Burns birthday party in 1959. Falmouth Foresides Maine
Next - lost my scholarship to catholic all boys school in 1969. Atheism__
Persona non grata at Club 57 - 1979 - unfaithful to Ann Magnuson
Rejected from the CIA - 1980q,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment