Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Obama ready for # 2


Vice President is a position of political purgatory. Candidates choose their running maters for their popularity in key states and the acceptance of an invisibility cloak after the election. Dick Cheney has been an exception although the Press has been so softball throughout the 8 years of GW Bush's reign that most Americans can't name the VP.

I asked 20 people this question at a BBQ this weekend. 9 knew, 10 didn't know, and one answered, "Who cares?"

Apathy demands 'none of the above' being on the ballot.

Nevada is the one state that can list this option.

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/None_of_the_above

Obama is not choosing this path and the media is awaiting the announcement of the man a heartbeat away from the presidency. The favorite in Joe Biden from Delaware.

Hillary is a 500 to 1 shot.

Personally I like Bill Richardson of New Mexico. He has a beard.

I'm about 200 million to 1.

I have no beard, but I'm still waiting by the phone to serve my country.

No comments: