Thursday, April 8, 2010

BORN TO LOSE - Johnny Thunder and the Heartbreakers


The last time I saw Johnny Thunders was in Paris. He was appearing at Gibus outside of Republique. It was 1985. We spoke about CBGBs. he had been a star. I was a worshipper His manager was a New York coke dealer of dubious German connections. I owed him $50. Johnny said, "Stiff him."

Who was I to refuse the wishes of a king.

I never paid him back.

Burn baby burn

To listen to BORN TO LOSE go the the following URL

BORN TO LOSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuwNkphrUjg&feature=related

You know he's singing about us.

"They told me that Johnny had gotten mixed up with some bastards... who ripped him off for his methadone supply. They had given him LSD and then murdered him. He had gotten a pretty large supply of methadone in England, so he could travel and stay away from those creeps - the drug dealers, Thunders imitators, and losers like that."

The words of a felllow musician in NO.

No comments: