Saturday, September 3, 2016

A Message To Hillary

My letter to Hillary Clinton

Congratulations on your nomination.

I am a 64 year-old white male registered as an independent.

I live in new york city, which should overwhemingly support your campaign to be president.

My women friends are firmly behind you.

"I want to see a woman elected president before i die."

I supported your health care fight in 1993.

You were unfairly demonized by both parties.

Men mostly. But having lived in Europe I realized that your plan was only a small stepping stone to universal health care.

But you never said that.

Signaling your belief in the free market system.

That was to be expected on moderates, however you shined elsewhere.

In 1995 I was living in tibet. i listened to your speech at the women's congress on the BBC world service.

I was overwhelmingly to hear you say, "Now it is time to act on behalf of women everywhere.

If we take bold steps to better the lives of women, we will be taking bold steps to better the lives of children and families too. Families rely on mothers and wives for emotional support and care; families rely on women for labor in the home; and increasingly, families rely on women for income needed to raise healthy children and care for other relatives."

Women flowed into lhasa empowered by your words and i respect your efforts on their behalf.

Change is long overdue.

It remains long overdue as you well know.

I have to admit I was very disappointed by your war vote on Iraq and seemingly cosiness with the banks.

Being a shy person myself I recognize your reluctance to meet with the Press.

They are no one's friend, however to many people you have gone MIA in the last weeks.

It doesn't matter how much money you raise, if you don't have a message and right now your sentence is deafening.

People have trouble see you.

They accept what they are told.

You become what the media says you are.

If there was ever a time to break out of your shell, now is it.

Though not to parrot your previous newsspeak.

That rhetoric hides your soul and Americans want to see that.

They want to trust their president.

They want to feel safe.

They want someone who listens to them and not a friend of the banks.

Honesty, trust, safety.

I'm a father of five. we want to believe.

We can not believe in thin air.

It is time for you to be you.

Best wishes

Peter Nolan Smith

New Englander

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And Hillary became who she really is, and lost. Power-hungry, dishonest, amoral and self-serving are not the first four things one should admire in an elected official.