Friday, April 11, 2008

Obama's Assassinability Factor

Hillary Clinton lashed out at her opponent this weekend in hopes of kick-starting her faltering presidential campaign. Her character assassinations have not resonated with any segment of the Democratic electorate. People like Obama. They like him a lot, but black Americans are beginning to get the 'fears'.



The 'fears' of Obama's assassinability.

Gunmen killed JFK, Martin Luther King, and RFK. One man alone breaking through the Secret Service's ring of security to detour the momentum of change. One man dead and everyone's dreams once more dead.

Blacks don't want this fate for Obama, I don't want it, Hillary Clinton doesn't want it and certainly neither does Barack's wife. We want him alive, but there's no protecting the president no matter how vigilant the Secret Service's security protocols.

Back in 1991 President Bush was visiting New York. Protesters lined 6th Avenue. Barricades were erected before the Sheraton-Hilton to filter out trouble-makers. I approached the hotel with my friend, Philip Brooks. We were both white males in our early 40s wearing suits. The police let us through their lines, despite our having no real business at the hotel. We wanted a drink. We had one and then left for a dinner in Hell's Kitchen.

As we exited from the hotle, two limos pulled up to the curb. Secret Service stood with drawn weapons. None of them reacted to our presence. The door of the lead car opened for President Bush. I called his name. He looked over to me and I said, "Good to see you Mr. President."

I could see in his mind he was seeking out whether I was a member of his advance staff. The Secret Servicemen suddenly realized I didn't belong here. I took two steps and shook the president's hand and then he was hurried into the hotel lobby. The Secret Service asked who I was.

"A private citizen."

But I could have been John Hinckley obsessed with Jodie Foster. I like blonde lesbians too, especially as smart as Jodie.

Will Barack Obama's security be better than GB1?

Blacks aren't so sure, however the candidate brought up Martin Luther King in an interview to demonstrate his perception of the danger.

"He didn't have Secret Service protection," Obama told TV host Tavis Smiley last fall. "I can't even comprehend the degree of courage that was required, and look what he did."

Martin Luther King was a brave man. Anyone seeking change has to be brave to face down the powers of the status quo.

My prayers, and I'm not a Christian, are with Barack Obama.

May the stars give him the wherewithal to fall down like Gerald Ford instead of stand like MKL.

For a related article click on this URL

http://www.mangozeen.com/jfk-assassination-44-years-later.htm

No comments: