Monday, February 16, 2009

Ban Oregon Beer Tax


Oregon has created a positive atmosphere for beer-brewing by taxing the brewers at a modest rate. 2009 is not 2008 and five state lawmakers have introduce a bill aimed at taxing each barrel of beer almost $50 to fill the state's coffers and finance alcoholism treatment.

I haven't been to Oregon since 1999. I drank a few of the home-brews. They were good, but nothing I'd want to drink day in and day out. I'm faithful to Stella Artois, the wife-beater, but I am extremely against any taxes on beer for religious purposes.

Beer is the sacramental wine of the Church of Beer. and as a devote Beermasian I protest any taxation cutting into our ability to worship the amber liquid.

The lawmakers have to be GOP.

I like to blame everything stupid on them.

No comments: