Thursday, February 5, 2009

New Seven Wonders of the World


Merrill read my entry http://www.mangozeen.com/2007/07/03/beauty/seven-wonders-of-the-world-07-07-07.htm about the Seven Wonder of the World and responded with her own list.

"Hey Peter, I was reading your blog posting about your personal 7 Wonders of the World and got inspired. Here are my 7 Wonders:

l'Institut du Monde Arabe (Paris)
Hundertwasser House (Vienna)
The North Pole
Movies
The Cafe NY in Budapest
Lincoln Center Music Library
Google"

No one voted for Sophie's Bar in Phnom Penh and the North Pole wanders daily so that if you're flying over the top of the world, don't expect to see a large X marking the northern most point on this planet.

Truthfully the State of Maine is as far north as I need to go, although my grandmother knew Admiral Peary of Polar fame. My older brother has a punch bowl from him. With that in mind I'm always interested in books about polar exploration such as GIVE ME BACK MY FATHER'S BODY.

No comments: