Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Steroid Sports Hypocrisy A-rod versus Pot


A-Rod, the Yankees all-star, finally admitted to the Press that he had lied about his steroid use. His apology to the public was tempered by his statement that he was young and management expected him to perform, so his drive to excel superseded his natural integrity.

"When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I felt like I had all the weight of the world on top of me and I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day. Back then, [baseball] was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young. I was stupid. I was naive. And I wanted to prove to everyone that I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time."

Back then, you knucklehead?

Like 2001 was at the time of the Stanley Kubrick film instead of only 7 years ago.

The ballplayer further exonerated himself by saying that he wasn't sure what he took while a Texas Ranger.

Yeah, right.

"I believe you, but my friends think you're lying."

At least that's what my friend, Jamie Parker, would have told the superstar-fucker A-Rod.

So far no one is talking crime here, although another baseball player was charged with lying before the hallowed members of Congress.

That shouldn't be a crime, but an honor.

To lie before the gang of the greatest liars on Earth.

And none of them have been drug-tested either.

The war of drug continues unabated, for the sheriff in the county where Olympic champion Michael Phelps smoked pot out of a bong has arrested 8 people surrounding the incident on charges of possession and distribution. The offending bong, which supposedly was being auctioned on Ebay for $100,000, has also been seized as evidence. The swimmer has yet to be charged, but damn someone's going to get punished for bonging.

You wouldn't want your kids to turn out like Cheech and Chong who are appearing at Radio City Music Hall to celebrate the Weed.

Yes, the Land of the Free.

After all this

.

No comments: