Friday, February 20, 2009

Fly Honda Civic Fly


In 1982 I drove a VW Golf GTI up to Paris to Bruxelles. My mission was to pick up Valdmar, a New York DJ at the aeroport. He was going to spin records at the Rex for the magazine Actuel. On the way I noticed Benzs and BMWs cruising at 180 KPH or 100 mph and decided to see how much go the GTI had in its 1.8 Liter engine. 180 was easy. So was 200. I top-ended at 220 KPH or 150 mph. I have never driven that fast since and few people in the USA believe this story, however just this week NY State Troopers caught 1993 Honda Civic going 137 mph on I-84.

He was ticketed for speeding, reckless driving and having vehicle windows with illegal tint.

But permitted to continue on his drive.

137 is fast but 150 is faster.

The fastest the french Police ever radared a vehicle was 320 KPH or 210 mph.

They never even bothered to chase him, but roadblock his escape at the tollbooth.

210 is really fast.

But I have one question for the driver in New York.

"Where the hell were you going that you needed to go that fast?

"MacDonalds?"

No comments: