Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl Sunday 2009


The 2008 NFL season ended with the Patriots at 11-5. That record wasn't good enough to send them into the playoffs. Instead the Pittsburgh Steelers were the best in the AFC and they beat their opponents throughout the post-season, thus earning a spot in the SuperBowl this Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals ex of St. Louis.

The point spread is 6 or 7.

I don't bet sports.

I don't gamble.

But I'm picking the Steelers because my roommate is a Pittsburgh fan. Walter will be watching the game at the reservoir Bar on University Place in New York. His mouth will be smeared with chicken wing grease. Beers (Stellas) are $6. I'll be watching the game with him wearing my Boston Bruins jersey.

Fuck Pittsburgh.

If the Patriots had been in the playoffs, Walter would have been crying last weekend.

Word from the north.

No comments: