Saturday, March 14, 2009

MONEY MONEY by the Kingsmen / Song of the Day


In 1964 the Kingsmen followed up LOUIE LOUIE with the 45 MONEY MONEY with BENT SPECTER on the B-Side. It was originally a hit for Barrett Strong in 1956 and their cover reached #16 on the Billboard charts.

The lyrics of the song say it best for times like this, because we all need money and we need it now.

"The best thing in life is free
But you can give it to the birds an' bees
I need some money, Need some money. Oh yeah, what I want"

I love this song so much I use it for my ringtone.

I'm old.

If you want to feel old too, go to this URL for a great video of the Kingsmen on the TV show Hollywood A Go-Go.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpNgLU2Lgfw



LOLITA the movie came out in 1962 and has nothing to do with MONEY MONEY, but I like the picture.

No comments: