Sunday, March 22, 2009

Washing Hands - Men versus Women


Baseball season kicks off next month. The Yankees and Mets will open two new stadiums in New York. Prices are designed from AIG and Citibank executives on retention bonuses. The hoi polloi have been forced from their season ticket seats into less desirable loges, but one tradition will remain sacrosanct and that is that men don't wash their hands at a baseball game.

One survey conducted at the Atlanta Braves stadium revealed that while 95% of female Braves fans washed their hands while only 54% of their male counterpart attempted this ablution.

Someone once told me that at the old Yankee Stadium less than 20% of men put their hands under a faucet after retreating from the urinal. 8000 men out of 40,000 Yankee fans. After hearing that information I always wash my hands, even if other men think it's effeminate. I never shake anyone's hands at a game and I certainly don't make eye contact.

That is a baseball game no-no.

Unless of course it's someone famous and then you want to see how big they are.

Does that make me gay?

No comments: