Friday, June 19, 2009

100% Recovery


My lungs were infected with a nasty viral infection. I live in America. My health policy is 'hope to drop dead before I have to see a doctor'. I am uninsured in the most powerful country in the world. Everyday for the past two weeks I woke with a hacking cough. At first I thought that it was swine flu. I went to the Internet and researched the symptoms; cough, headaches. runny nose, achy joints, nausea.

I only had the cough.

Still being a hypochondriac I suspected the worst and planned my funeral.

A simple affair.

Cardboard box and a few cases of beer.

My fears of demise were unfounded, for I have recovered from my ailment.

I'm healthy again.

Healthy enough to drink beer.

This miraculous recovery had nothing to do with Western medicine or Medicare.

Only my body's superb will to live.

60 is only 3 years away. 100 only 43. Old age here I come. My father's almost 90. I should be so lucky.

No comments: