Thursday, December 17, 2009

Please Help Me


In Jan. 2008 I was arrested for copyright-infringement in Thailand. The police treated me as if I was a VIP. NO cuffs, no lock-up, no bribes.

"You didn't kill anyone and not sell drugs. Your crime is very small. Maybe $100 fine."

The police also warned not to believe any lawyers working to solve this problem with 'sin bon' or bribes.

"Once you pay, you pay more and more."

Trusting the police in any country is difficult, but I put my faith in these cyber-crime cops and they were right about everything, however I had to wait 3 months for my trial. 90 days without any money in a foreign country. I called all my friends. 90% of them were able to help me. Only now am I paying them back. They are good friends.

Today I received an email from a complete stranger begging for $2500.

Ed Goldman.

Here's his note.

Am in a hurry writing you this note, Just wanted to seek your help on something very important, you are the only person i could reach at this point, and i hope you come to my aid. Because something very terrible is happening to me now, i need a favor from you now,I had a trip here in United Kingdom on a business.

Unfortunately for me all my money got stolen on my way to the hotel where i lodged along with my bag were my passport was ,And since then i have been without any money i am even owing the hotel here.

So i have limited access to emails for now, please i need you to lend me about $2500 so i can make arrangements and return back please,i have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively, I will return the money back to you as soon as i get home, I am so confused right now.

I will be waiting to hear from you.

Regards

ED

Sorry Ed, but no way.

Somehow I think this is a scam, but I do love the broken English.

Origin of email.

Nigeria.

Where else?

No comments: