Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thai Cat Scratch Fever


Several villages in Thailand's Ang Thong province have reported a plague striking household cats dead. The cats basically starved to death and locals are now scared that this 'cat fever' or 'kai-wat me-ow' could spread to the human population. Medical authorities have found no threat, but cannot explain the fatal phenomena affecting over 300 cats.
Birds, snakes, and rodents are enjoying a respite from the feline hunters, although dogs are despondent over the loss of their favorite animal to chase other than bicyclists.
In 1989 Barcelona cats suffered a similar decimation of their ranks.
The cause was not a disease, but a radio report erroneously stating that cats could cause AIDS. The next morning thousands of cats or gatos were found floating in the Catalan capitol's harbor. The Spanish government reassured the city no one was in danger and within a week dead cats were no longer flotsam on the Costa de Brava, although another radio station responded to the hysteria by playing Ted Nugent's 1977 hit CAT SCRATCH FEVER every hour.
Ted Nugent, ex-Amboy Dukes guitarist and friend to GW Bush, has never seen an animal he didn't think was worth shooting, except for the human kind, since he avoided the Draft during the Viet-Nam War.
"I got 30 days' notice of the physical. I ceased cleansing my body. Two weeks before the test I stopped eating food with nutritional value. A week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. My pants got crusted up."
Not throwing any stones at the Madman of Motor City, since I dodged the Draft by going to university. Soiling myself would have been cheaper.
By the way I've never heard of anyone eating cats on purpose, but the chicken in Chinatown is not chicken. I did find an article about cat-eating.
http://www.messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm
Cantonese Chinese and Koreans eat felines. So did Europeans during the 19th Century. Meow-meow says yummy.
For a related article click on this URL
http://www.mangozeen.com/whats-in-a-name-siam-or-thailand.htm

No comments: