Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Listen To Jessie


There are too many fat people in America. Our 330 million outweigh the 1.3 billion of China and throw in Mongolia to help balance the scale.

None of these obese Americans take responsibility for their fatness.

My sister-in-law claimed, “It’s in my genes.”

Her mother was skinny. I blame her plumpitude on what's in her refrigerator. Her daughter suffered from the same affliction. She has aspirations to appear on Broadway. Her voice belongs to an angel, however big girl roles are few and far between on the Great White Way.

Several years ago my father, who is at least a good seventy pounds overweight, admonished my niece at a Thanksgiving dinner, "You'll never get anywhere in theater as long as you're fat."

My brother rightfully demanded an apology.

My father refused to offer his 'sorry'.

"I was only telling the truth."

My father has Alzheimer's disease. His manner can be abusive. People don't like to hear the truth. My brother demanded that my father leave his house. His daughter was in tears. My father's car was trapped behind parked cars. He drove across the lawn in a fit of anger. I laughed when I heard the story from my sister. I had seen my father say the same thing in Yellowstone Park.

"It's not funny."

"I guess not." I love my niece,, but more truthfully the only way obese people can handle their disease is by following the words of the immortal Jesse Ventura. “Every fat person says it’s not their fault, that they have gland trouble. You know which gland? The saliva gland. They can’t push away from the table.”

The then Minnesota governor took a lot of heat for this statement, but never have truer words been spoken about obesity, although the real reason Americans are fat is because the food industry makes fucked-up food.

4000 brands of potato chips for a start.

Free the fat people.

Run Jesse Run

2012 for President.

No comments: