Monday, September 15, 2008

New Faces Old Stories


I arrived in Paris in 1982. My job was physionomiste at the Bains-Douches. I knew no one in Paris. None of the stars. None of the trandy people. No one. The patron said it didn't matter.

"You have an eye for people. Who is fun and who is not."

That eye didn't prevent me from refusing Brigitte Bardot entry, however like a the shill at a carnival who guesses age, weights, and occupations, I can tell if someone is good or bad, which is why I consider massage tycoon Chuwit a dangerous choice for Bangkok governor and Somchai Wongsawat the most likely candidate for the PPP's replacement minister.

Somchai Wongsawat looks harmless, even though he is Thaksin's brother-in-law.

He's served as Minister of education and we all know what a wonderful job Thailand does with its children.

And at 61 his hair is naturally ungray.

No comments: