Thursday, September 4, 2008

Samak Stays for Duration


"I'm sorry to my opponents that I did not resign as expected." PM Samak disappointed his opposition by announcing his non-resignation. "How could I resign? I cannot resign. I will not dissolve the House. A country without rule of law is not workable. It will be a Barbarian state I will stay on to protect democracy of this country. The whole world is watching us. I will not abandon the ship, and I will take responsibility for the crew on board."

Nothing scarier than an ex-army commander behind the help of a ship.

Sort of like Rodney Dangerfield weaving through the harbor of his mega-yacht during the classic comedy CADDYSHACK

Politically pundits feel Samak only has three options; dissolve parliament, call for a referendum, or form a new coalition.

None of them have considered the obvious which is for him to do nothing other than to say everything to the contrary of doing nothing for as long as this impasse exists he will remain in power, which is all Samak wants from life.

Resign to do what?

Teach the nation how to cook?

He ain't going nowhere fast and there's nothing the opposition can do about this situation without the help of the Army.

Samak is a proud man and yesterday said, "Am I ashamed that my office has been taken over? I have to say, yes, I'm ashamed. It is not convenient to work outside, but I can do it."

Some say he is running the government out a 7/11.

Persoanlly I would rather work at home or even better a massage parlor.

As long as my wife or mia noi didn't know where I was.

No comments: