Thursday, July 31, 2008

Gentleman's Massage Pattaya 3rd Road


I write for several small publications and getting free-bies is an expected perk of this job, since it pays so little. A month ago the editor of Pattaya Beyond asked me to write a review about gentleman’s Masssage on on Soi 1 3rd Road in North Pattaya. I didn’t mention this assignment to my wife and drove my bike to the interview.

Gentleman’s Massage and Spa is a welcome change from the usual massage parlors and hotel spas of Pattaya. The management has taken great care in selecting a massage staff with an eye for beauty tempered by a skilled understanding of the traditional Thai Massage or Nuad Phaen Boran to incorporate a sensual grace essential to re-align your body’s energy.

As soon as you enter the pleasantly decorated greeting room, the staff strives to insure this evening will be one that you want to relive again and again. You will be seated in comfortable sofas and served drinks to contemplate your choice of the wide range of massages available.

Massage A 900 baht/ 90 minutes
Gentleman’s Aroma and Oil Massage B 950 baht/ 60 minutes
Gentleman’s Aroma and Oil Massage A 1400 baht / 90 minutes
Bikini Aroma and Massage B 1250 baht / 60 minutes
Bikini Aroma and Massage A 1600 baht / 90 minutes
Angel Aroma and Massage B 2000 baht / 60 minutes
Angel Aroma and Massage A 2500 baht / 90 minutes

The masseuses are attractive and slim. Each has been professionally trained in massage. The manager explained that the girls were chosen to please the eye, since a Thai massage is designed to please all five senses, which was why gentlemen’s Massage and Spa goes to great length to provide its customers with the most attractive masseuses possible.



I chose Oum for a Gentleman’s Aroma and Massage. On the way upstairs she spoke decent English and explained that she had studied massage in Bangkok and worked at a hotel in Pattaya before coming to work at Gentleman’s Massage.

Oum showed me the deluxe room, which is elaborately decorated and also has a whirlpool bath for soothing your muscles prior to a massage. She led me to my room. A bed and shower were conveniently within. The walls were adorned by paintings and the bed sheets were fine Thai silk. A stereo is in every room for your listening pleasure.

I showered for several minutes.

Thais are very sensitive about cleanliness and smells, so I suggest a thorough bathing and drying off before taking your position on the bed face-down.

I lay on the bed wrapped in a dry fluffy towel.

Having been to many massages I feel no discomfort from being naked, except for the towel. It is all part of the treatment.

Oum came back into the room with a glass of water and then proceeded to oil my feet to begin the massage. Oils are an important part of a massage, since they help rejuvenate the skin along with filled your olfactory sense with a pleasing fragrance.
Throughout the massage Oum used the towel to cover my body to prevent it from getting cold, but showed no signs of embarrassment by my body.

I was pleased that she devoted the time to the massage rather than talking and I relaxed even more as the minutes dropped away uncounted.

Traditional Thai massage dates back over 2500 years to its origins in India and its healing effects are well-known throughout the world. Nuad Phaen Boran is based on the principle that all levels of the human being are naturally interconnected. Therefore its main objective is the integrity of nature, body, mind and soul, thus it concentrates less of the musculation of the body as with the stroking and kneading of Western massage than seeking the energy lines and fields according to the tenets of Chinese medicine.

Acupressure and reflexology massage both follow the natural flow of the body’s energy to achieve success in health and pain control, which is why Thai massage targets certain parts of the body such as the feet, legs, back, and hands to alleviate pressure on the corresponding organs and body parts. The stretching of the muscle system also aids the flow of blood to the skin, joints, muscles, and organs to the general benefit of the body.

Oum worked on my feet with aromatic oils before working her way up my calves to my thighs. The strong stroking, kneading and rubbing can soften even the larger muscle groups and should not cause any pain, otherwise the muscles will become tensed in self-defense and any positive effects will be negated.
Oum’s touch was strong without being painful and she was cautious not to overtax my knees past their limit of extension. I drifted into a state of contentment, as she kneaded my buttocks and back with a steady press of flesh and I wished I had said 90 minutes rather than an hour. In this case more was definitely better than less.

The second half of the session was on my back. The tantric effects of a massage are well-known and I closed my eyes as Oum deepened the touch to my legs and lower thighs. My body tingled with the joy of a subdued stimulation and I was grateful for the attention Oum paid to any request. The massage finished with a gentle head massage and Oum brought her cupped hands together to strike the top of my head several times before telling me the 60 minutes were over.

Happy ending? Yes.

I showered again and went downstairs to the lobby. The staff gave me a glass of green tea and I complimented Oum’s services with a tip. This gratuity is not necessary, however highly suggested since the masseuses depend on these for an addition to their wages.

Before leaving the manager explained that Gentleman’s Massage and Spa is offering a special to its customers. If you go with a friend, then the friend is 50% off. For the services of a second masseuse the second girl is discounted 50% off. I asked about a frequent flyer plan and he laughed saying they were unfortunately not an airport, although the new airport could use a place like gentleman Massage and Spa for weary travelers. I left felling pampered and told several friends about the experience. Each one later verified that my massage was not an exception to the rule and I hope yours shall be worthwhile as well.

No comments: