Thursday, July 10, 2008

Karl Rove Ignores Congressional Subpoena


Two years ago the NY courts issued a request for my appearance before the judge on a matter concerning the possibility that I might have infringed on the copyrights of a very popular cigarette. I wasn't selling them. I don't smoke. Living in Thailand I ignored the summons. I have no address in the States. I'm homeless, however that is not the case for Karl Rove, former political adviser to GW Bush, the muddlemind of the Iraq incursion.

Congress has served the Texan with a subpoena to clarify allegations of influence peddling to facilitate the prosecution of a former Democratic governor of Alabama, who was sentenced to 7 years for corruption. Don Siegelman has since been freed by the US Court while appealing his conviction.

Nancy Pelosi, House Leader, has not announced her plans as to how to deal with Mr. Rove, who has denied any wrongdoings, because in America you're innocent until proven guilty, unless you're rich or powerful or have friends in high places or know the system or flee the country.

I'd do the latter.

Straight to Thailand.

No comments: