Thursday, July 24, 2008

HANCOCK the movie


Will Smith is a good actor. He gives his all in every movie. I can't recall him being bad in anything even BAD BOYS. He doesn't fail his fanbase in this summer's HANCOCK.

KKK members might have trouble with a black man having a white woman as a mate, but OJ Simpson got away with killing a white woman, so Will Smith can kiss a white woman on screen.

In 1990 my sister got to a man of race and my mother had the misfortune to tell her, "After you go out with him, no white man will date you."

"Mom." My sister loved my mother. "After I marry him, I'm not going out with any other men, white or black.'

My mother called me in New York. She was distraught, thinking her daughter was ruining her life. I had met her fiancee. He was a good-looking Yale graduate, who's father had been a Navy Admiral and taught at Yale.

"What do you think about your sister marrying a black man?"

"I think she's marrying up." Her fiancee was earning five times my salary at the diamond exchange as a lawyer for ConEd. "As long as she's happy, I'm happy."

My sister and I had fought for years. She called a liar at the dinner table. Mostly the stories that were the most true. I was angry about her accusations, but on this issue I was 100% in her camp, mostly because I have nothing against black women kissing white men. In fact I sort of like it.

Lastly I was able to watch HANCOCK thanks to www.watch-movies.net

Free.

"Free at last, free at last." Martin Luther King.

No comments: