Tuesday, July 15, 2008

GW Bush 'Economy Basically Sound'


President Bush had the balls to assure the nation that the banks are 'basically sound' as congressmen swiftly bailed out the two largest mortgage guarantors. The stock market tanked in response to his statement. "I don't think the government ought to be involved in bailing out companies."

I do recall his saying that every American should be able to buy a house.

Over 10% are in danger of defaulting on their loans and investors are heeding that old French maritime adage, "Sauve qui peut." or "Every man for himself."

Of course GW Bush now asshole-buddies with the French President Nick. "I have looked into his eyes and I haven't seen a surrender monkey and neither are we in a recession. I'm not an economist, but I do believe we're growing and there's a lot of positive things for the economy."

He couldn't enumerate on those strong points and had to admit, "The president doesn't have a magic wand. You can't just say, 'Low gas.'"

Four more years.

That's what this country needs to remind it why they voted for GW Bush.

Because he's good at a BBQ.

No comments: